We know you’re busy and may not always have time for breakfast. But with a bit of planning in advance, you can not only be out the door in minutes, but with a healthy option in your hand to boot. We love this gluten-free granola recipe that’s perfect for your morning, or for a hearty midday snack.
- 4 cups old fashioned rolled oats (Bob’s Red Mill extra thick are gluten free)
- 1 cup unsweetened organic coconut flakes
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2/3 cup agave nectar (Amber)
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 cup of Tierra Farm Chocolate Cranberry Cashew Mix (or your favorite trail mix)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spread the oats and coconut on a baking sheet. Place in oven and toast for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally until brown.
- Combine the almond butter, honey, agave and brown sugar in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the brown sugar and almond butter have completely dissolved/melted and come to a creamy consistency. Stir continuously to avoid burning
- Remove toasted oats & coconut from the oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl, and then add trail mix. Pour almond butter mixture on top and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a greased glass baking pan, spread and flatten mixture into pan.
- Bake at 300F for another 8 minutes. Then set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Refrigerate uncovered for 45 minutes – 1 hour
- Cut into squares and serve
*Yields approximately 16 squares
This recipe was originally posted at PishPoshPerfect.com.